Welcome to the Montreal Shamrocks GAC
The Montreal Shamrocks Gaelic Athletic Club was established in 1948 to promote Ireland’s two national sports – Gaelic Football and Hurling – to the community of Montreal.
Today we are one of the oldest GAA clubs in North America, and our membership proudly includes people from all walks of life.
We are open to anyone and everyone, no matter your age, skill, or fitness level.
Members will have the opportunity to represent the club at tournaments in Canada and the US throughout the year, as well as competing on a team in our internal Superleague, have access to our training sessions, and be part of a vibrant social scene.
Most Recent News Post
- Shamrocks 2021 Committee
A big thank you to everyone who came out to our AGM, and especially to those people who stepped forward and took on a role on the Committee for 2021.
We would thank those committee members that are stepping down this year: Emily Jibb, Thomas Dayon, Tiphaine Levrat, and Jasmine Akkermans, thank you so much for all your time and dedication.
We would like to welcome our new committee members Shera Robinson, Barry Cox, Shannon Pine, Tristan Mackenzie, and Orla Mahon, we wish you all the best in the coming year.
So, say hello to your committee for 2021
- Chairman: Liam Towmey
- Vice Chairman: Mike Johnson
- Secretary: Steven Owens
- Treasurer: Jake Ouellette
- Men’s Registrar: Martin Burke
- Women’s Registrar Veronique Buisson
- PRO/Webmaster: Jim Foley
- Men’s football Reps: Neil O’Brien and Dave Glynn
- Ladies’ football Reps: Claire Lubell and Shera Robinson
- Hurling reps: Barry Cox & Martin Burke
- Camogie Reps: Julie Houle and Annie Gaumond
- Rounders rep: Aidan Gallagher
- Social Officers: Julie Morrice, Davy Healy, and Shannon Pine
- Fundraising Officers: Tristan Mackenzie and Annie Gaumound
- French language officers: Ariane Jodoin and Orla Mahon
- Equipment Manager: Tony Cunningham
- LGBTQ Officers: Ariane Jodoin and Julie Morrice